<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Big Bother in the House!! 

Thursday 12th January 2006 - No I am not talking about Gorgeous George and the Big Brother escapades, although I can forgive you for thinking that was the topic of this posting!!

But events yesterday in the House of Commons and the way the other two parties turned Prime Minister's Question Time into an opportunity to have a knock about at the Lib Dems expense!!

Yes actually I thought it was very funny and the PM gave a good performance, but a lot of water has still to pass under the bridge before the outcome of the Leadership contest is known and no doubt it is going ot be an interesting contest to say the least!!

But I am 100% behind Sir Menzies Campbell and I am not in the habit of backing anyone who comes second!!

Comments:
I felt so sorry for Mingis. He looked like a duck out of water, didn't really have a clue that he'd just dropped himself right in it when he made the 'headteacher' gaffe!

On a serious note, isn't he a bit old to take on the leadership? Surely the Lib Dems are better off with a leader who is guaranteed to stay the course, where old Mingis will probably have to step down in a few years.

I quite favour Simon Hughes, meself. I must be honest and say I don't know a great deal about him, but I was impressed by what I saw of him on Question Time a couple months back.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?