<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 09, 2006

Let the contest begin 

Monday 9th January 2006 - What an incredible start to the new year this has been already!

When I resolved to try and maintain my blog more regularly as the fireworks exploded above my head at midnight on 31st December I had no idea that another fuse was about to be lit that would result in the resignation on Saturday of Lib Dem Leader Charles Kennedy.

Whatever your views abut his leadership style or his personal problems, there can be no doubting in my mind that Charles was a terrific leader of our Party whose legacy is best represented by the record number of MP's we now have in Parliament.

Personally I will be backing Sir Ming Campbell to become the new Leader but it is right we have a contest and Ming is given the backing of the membership as a whole and I suspect both Simon Hughes and Mark Oaten will join the race. I wish them both good luck and I know whatever the outcome the Party will unite around its new Leader when it is resolved.

Let the contest begin!!

Comments:
Thanks for your views, obviously a closet Simon Hughes fan!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?