<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Shocked and stunned - more *^%$ hits the fan!! 

Sunday 22nd January 2006 - I was shocked and stunned to learn of Mark Oaten's resignation as Home Affairs spokesman last night.

Let's be clear from the outset I have no issue whatsoever with anyone's sexuality or what they do in their private lives, I never will have and I agree with the many views I have read this morning regarding people's private lives.

However, a high profile public figure with such a prominent front bench brief - and until only 72 hrs ago a contender in the leadership contest - has to recognise that their own judgement and integrity will always be under intense media's scrutiny.

The timing is unfortunate to say the least given other recent events and the Party's image will suffer further from these revelations, it is vital we do not loose sight of the bigger picture though.

But that is now an issue for Mark and his family to deal with out of the media's glare and I hope they are now given the privacy they clearly need to deal with this matter in their own time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?